1. I like coffee ___ I don't like tea.
2. I cannot swim ___ I can ski.
3. I want a new TV ___ the one I have now is broken.
4. I had to work on Saturday ___ I couldn't go to John's party.
5. My name is Jim ___ I'm your new teacher.
6. I was cold ___ I turned on the heater.
7. We'll have to go shopping ___ we have nothing for dinner.
8. The history test was difficult ___ the English one was easy.
9. We didn't go to the beach yesterday ___ it was raining.
10. We have a test on Monday ___ I'll have to study this weekend.
Frogs can hop, they can't fly. Peter has a fever a terrible headache.
You have to speak louder he can't hear well. Tom studied hard, he failed the test.
They like to watch soap operas films on TV. Jim is happy he won the race.
Henri is worried he is late for an important meeting. She bought vitamins forgot to buy aspirin.
It was expensive, they gave me a discount. Paul can't go to work he has the flu.font;englishexercises